Continuous Waveform Recording
Continuous Waveform Recording is the streaming of high resolution waveform and RMS data to memory continuously with no gaps. The PQPro™ is the only portable instrument that can do this without data compression which can result in loss of fidelity. Data is stored on a removable SD memory card. Both the PQPro™ firmware and the PV II™ software have been optimized to allow the user to quickly sift through the large amount of data to find areas of interest.
- There can be multiple files on a memory card. Each file will be limited to 500 MB
- There is no gap in recording between data files.
- Software can open one data file or “stitch” multiple data files together and store them as one larger file.
- Software can go through all the data files and extract a summary of the RMS values and save it to a much smaller file. This allows user to quickly find areas of interest and then download the waveforms for that specific time period. Read more on how to use the PV II™ with Multiple Files Open.
- Data storage can be configured to “Stop When Full” or “Restart When Full”
- “Stop When Full” will stop recording when the data card is full
- “Restart When Full” will overwrite the oldest file when the data card is full – this will continue indefinitely until the user stops recording.
- No trigger levels to set as every cycle of waveforms is recorded.
There are two firmware applications for the PQPro™ that can do Continuous Waveform Recording.
- The standard Power Quality (PQ) firmware which comes with every PQPro™. When using Continuous Waveform Recording, the storage interval is fixed at 0.2 seconds.
- The eXtended Continuous Waveform (XCW) firmware is optional. It is specifically for Continuous Waveform Recording. XCW firmware allows the user to adjust the sample rate and number of channels in order to optimize memory usage and data resolution.
|Continuous Waveform||eXtended Continuous Waveform|
|Firmware||Part of the standard Power Quality “PQ” firmware, installed on every PQPro™||Optional “XCW” firmware.|
|Sample rate||256 samples per cycle, every cycle||Adjustable from 64 to 1024 samples per cycle, every cycle|
|Number of channels||Up to 6 channels (3 voltage, 3 current)||Up to 8 channels (4 voltage, 4 current)
*At 1024 samples per cycles, limited to 6 channels
|Individual data file size||500MB|
|Supported SD card capacity||4GB to 32GB||64GB and 128GB|
|PQ Firmware||XCW Firmware|
|8||V1, V2, V3, V4||I1, I2, I3, I4|
|6||V1, V2, V3||I1, I2, I3|
|4||V1, V2, V3||I1|
|3||V1, V2, V3|